Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Finds


My husband works Sunday through Thursday, so every Friday he takes our daughter out for a little date, and I drop our son off at preschool. Then I get the rest of the morning to myself. Usually, I spend a few of those child-free hours at the thrift store, and today was no exception.

It was a mediocre day at Goodwill. Not much in the way of furniture, but I came away with a few other things that I've been looking for. My best find this week was a full set of The Chronicles of Narnia. That might not seem like a big deal, but I recently finished reading the Lion witch wardrobe to my son. He's been begging to start The Magician's Nephew, but I haven't been able to find our copy anywhere. It was nice a nice surprise, since I was just about to order a new copy from Amazon.

I also had the privilege of listening to a guy sing every song that he came across that he knew, while perusing the LPs. That kind of entertainment is just priceless.

Here are a few things that I found today (at the Goodwill on 145th St.) that I decided to leave for someone else.
Vintage Stenograph - $19.99

Asian Batik (great condition) - $5.99

Vintage "Big Ben Moon Beam" Clock - $2.99

Graphic Print Bowl - $3.99

I'd love to see what other people are finding. Send a photo of your most beloved thrift store purchase to modernthrifter@gmail.com, and I'll pick a few to feature each Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment