Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

friday finds - june 4


I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I agreed to accompany Alden's preschool class on a field trip to Richmond Beach this morning. In my temporary lunacy, I must have forgotten that it has rained nearly every day this spring! I woke up this morning to what sounded like a torrential rain, although if you've ever lived in a house with a flat roof and no attic, you'll know that even a minor storm can sound like a monsoon. So, I'm about to bundle up in rain gear and herd twenty excited five-year-olds through the mud and sand, in hopes of spotting a few sea anemones.

All that said, I've bumped my usual Friday morning thrifting to this afternoon. I won't let that keep me from sharing a new find, though! This one is credited to my husband, who is a much better craigslist scavenger than I am. He was recently given some money for his birthday by a few family members, and has been on a chair hunt ever since. Yesterday he managed to find a tuftless lounge chair by George Mulhauser for Plycraft for $200. He's picking it up this evening, and I can't wait to see how it looks in our living room. I'll post some pictures next week, although it is craigslist, so there is always the huge possibility that this will all fall through!


Next, I want to share some great finds sent to me by Judy. Although we have different styles, we share our love for thrifting and decorating. Here are some of her favorite thrift finds:

1. Bernhardt Furniture Antique Sideboard, good condition: St. Vincent De Paul's $50 after Memorial Day discount.
2. Floral arm chair, great condition: St. Vincent De Paul's $15 after Memorial day discount.
3. Antique Player Piano with auto player function disabled, good condition + bench: Free on Craigslist.

4. Velvet & wood rocking chair, great condition: Value Village $19.99 - 30% off coupon.

Show off your most treasured thrifted find! Email a description and a jpeg file to modernthrifter@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment