Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

creating a master list


Part of the fun of thrifting is discovering something unexepected—something special that you weren't looking for, but if you're like me, you probably go into the store with a few specific things you are hoping to find. I've found that it's helpful to carry with me a list of things to search for, so that I don't get overwhelmed when I go inside. Some of the things on my list have been there for a long time, and I don't know if I'll ever find them, and some are recent additions.

I also keep a list of things that I'm hoping to find for other people. I've been searching for some serving dishes for my mother-in-law, for example, and I'm looking for a particular pattern so that she can add to her set. I know I would never remember the name without having it written down.

Here is a small sampling of things that are currently on my list:

floor lamp (something vintage)
rain boots
vintage clocks
coffee table
danish lounge chairs
vintage suitcases
cast iron skillet
converse shoes
salt & pepper shakers
drawer unit for my office (something like the varde from ikea)

Do you have a list? If so, what are some of the things you've been looking for?

Photos via flickr:
clock - H is for Home; suitcases - mollypop; converse - thejonoakley; coffee table & lounge chair - stewf; rain boots - Rodrigo Quinones

No comments:

Post a Comment