Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

friday finds - saturday edition


I wasn't able to post this find yesterday because we were headed out of town to visit family on beautiful Whidbey Island, and to visit the farm in Skagit Valley where we get our milk. If you've never been up to this area of Western Washington, it's well worth the trip.

Back to my find... I picked up this Thonet stool last friday at Goodwill for $9. It's really solid, and has only minor scuffing on the wood legs. It's also white and wood, so I suppose no one should be surprised that I brought it home. It is marked with the Thonet name on the bottom of the seat, and also has the name of an optometry clinic written on the bottom.


I'm not sure if I've found a permanent spot for it in our home yet. So far we've tried it in the entry and in our bedroom as a little side table. It's the perfect size for the awkward little space between the bed and the closet—narrow enough that the closet door can still swing nearly all the way open, but big enough to set my ipod, a book, and a cup. But, I've also contemplated using it outside on our deck.


Show off your most treasured thrifted find! Email a description and a jpeg file to modernthrifter@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment