Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

thrifting in montana - day 2


The local thrift store was finally open yesterday, so Patrick and I left the kids with grandma and dove in. My mom had warned us that the store was so disorganized and overstocked that it would be nearly impossible to navigate, and her description proved accurate. The store was extremely small, and there were sections that almost required climbing. Much of the clothing was piled on the floors in the aisles, and there were spots that were impassable. Lots of items weren't priced, but we found that the owner was friendly and very willing to negotiate.




We came away with these two ceramic teapots and a few other small items. The blue one is labeled "Home Style Finlandia Ironstone" and is made in Japan. It's my favorite of the two. The brown one is unmarked, and a little more traditional looking. I think I'll use it in the colder months for serving hot chocolate or cider.

(Sorry for the picture quality on this post. I'm using the iPhone because Patrick took the camera to do some sight-seeing.)


I'm not a fan of the antlers-on-the-wall trend, but if I was, this would have been a good find:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finds! I love those messy winding clandestine thrift stores. It's almost cozy digging through that clutter. Overwhelming, but you're often rewarded because the owners usually negotiate prices.

    ReplyDelete