Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

birthday candles


My sister has probably the best memory, when it comes to buying gifts for people, of any one I know. She never ceases to surprise me on my birthday or at Christmas with thoughtful gift. Sometimes it's something that I might have mentioned a few months prior to the occasion and sometimes she picks out something that I never would have expected, but completely perfect.


This year for my birthday, she sent me five whirly hanging candleholders from CB2. I think I may have mentioned liking these months ago, during one of our many phone conversations. Of course, she remembered, although I had forgotten. We finally put them up, and I'm so happy with the way they look! It would have been nice to hang them a bit lower, but we probably would have found cars and dolls stuffed inside them daily—maybe we'll be able to lower them in a few years. I still need to figure out what to put on top of the nightstand, but I think Patrick prefers it bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment