Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

mid century estate sale


If we hadn't been busy celebrating an early Mother's Day on Saturday, we probably would have made the drive up to Camano Island to check out this estate sale that we saw on Craigslist. The list of items was overwhelming! Last night I saw that the ad was still up, so I emailed the contact to see if I could get some prices on leftover items. Here's what I found out:

Teak Clock - $150
Yellow Swedish Chair - $450

Orange Eames Lounge Chair (sold), Bird Wall Art - ?

Mariner Clock - $200

Plycraft Lounge Chair by George Mulhauser - $500
This chair is so beautiful, and so out of my price range. I hope someone buys it soon before I make a foolish impulse buy! After doing some online sleuthing, I think it's easily worth the price, and maybe more. Here's a picture of Gob from Arrested Development (I miss that show!) sitting in one.
That picture makes me want it even more! Here are some other photos of this gorgeous chair:
Photos from The Mid-Century Modernist

Okay, back to the other items. I don't have prices for any of these, but I'm sure the owner would email them to you if you are interested. I also think since the sale is over, he might be willing to take offers as the week progresses. There are several additional photos on the Craigslist ad, too.

2 comments:

  1. it's a good thing i didn't know about this! and jay would agree too. ;)
    did you pick up anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Patrick was looking at that chair again last night and trying to rationalize us purchasing it. I talked him out of it, even though I really want it, too.

    ReplyDelete